30,100 visitors took a walk on the wild side with us at NYPA's Annual Wildlife Festivals in September 2014!
At the annual Wildlife Festival at NYPA’s Blenheim-Gilboa Power Project Visitors Center guests enjoyed an array of activities, including:
• Pony Rides and Petting Zoo • Food Vendors • Wagon Rides • Face Painting • Mr. Twisty • Photo Booth • Energy Expo • TLC Country Cloggers • Bubbles by Jeff Boyer • Craft Tent • Mark Tyoe: Champion Chainsaw Sculptor • The Brazztet Band • Mark Perpetua: Reptile Encounters • Mountain Breeze Minis • Wes Laraway: NY Wildlife Rescue • Rainforest Reptiles • Have Alligator – Will Travel
The Blenheim-Gilboa Power Project Visitors Center in North Blenheim, is located on the Schoharie Creek in the northern Catskill Mountains. Our admission-free visitors center is housed in a 19th century dairy barn! Call 800-724-0309 for more information.
The annual Wildlife Festival at NYPA’s Hawkins Point Visitors Center had something for everyone, including:
• World of Wildlife and Educational Encounters
(WOWEE) With Exotic and Endangered Animals
• Craft Demonstrations • Reptiles Forever • Petting Zoo • Wagon Rides • Birds of Prey Presentations
• Chainsaw Carving • Entertainment, Food Vendors and More!
The Frank S. McCullough, Jr. Hawkins Point Visitors Center and Boat Launch offers panoramic views of the St.
Lawrence River and state-of-the-art hands-on exhibits. We offer many opportunities to learn about energy in a fun setting. Our Community Room and Theater are also available to outside groups, and together can comfortably hold 100 people. Call 315-764-0226 for more information.
At the annual Wildlife Festival at NYPA’s Niagara Power Vista guests enjoyed 2 days of animal encounters, including:
• Liberty the Bald Eagle & Other Exotic Animals
• The Primate Sanctuary • Buffalo Zoomobile
• Nickel City Reptiles & Exotics • Chainsaw Carving Art • Hawk Creek Wildlife Center • Conservation Activities • Fishing Pond • Energy Expo • Arts & Crafts -- and new this year, the PET TALENT SHOW!
Known as the Power Vista, the visitors center is located 4 miles downstream from Niagara Falls and it features more than 50 interactive exhibits and a new QR code tour! Call 866-NYPA-FUN (697-2386) for more information.
NYPA's annual Wildlife Festival at the Utica Zoo had something for everyone, including:
• Mark Tyoe: Champion Chainsaw Sculptor
• Magic Shows by Jim Okey • Local Vendors
• Face Painting by Coco and Smiley the Clowns
• Child ID Cards • Animal Shows • Food available from Voss’ @ the Zoo and More!
Follow NYPAenergy on...
Thank you - to the more than 30,000 visitors who joined us at our annual Wildlife Festivals!