LED Streetlight Conversion
LED Streetlight Conversion: Empowering communities to make energy-efficient investments
By converting existing streetlight systems to energy-efficient LED, municipalities are able to save taxpayer dollars, provide better lighting to their community, reduce energy use and subsequently decrease a community’s impact on the environment.
Benefits of this service to municipalities:
- Customer has one point of contact throughout all phases of the project
- Full turnkey service, including: lighting audit; engineering and design; bidding and procurement; construction management; and environmental services
- NYPA provides low rate financing for qualified customers, including the option to finance the purchase of the system as part of the project
- Municipality is able to realize both energy and maintenance savings
- Option to bundle your streetlight conversion project with other energy efficiency projects
Interested municipalities can register and submit their information: NYPA LED Streetlight Interest Form
The Public Service Commission approved Section 70-a, more commonly referred to as the transfer of street light systems, on October 13, 2016. The order provides clear guidelines for municipalities to begin the process of purchasing their streetlights from the electric utility that owns them.