Historic Lansing Manor Opens on Sunday, May 1
April 19, 2005
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NORTH BLENHEIM—Historic Lansing Manor, an early American country estate and an outstanding example of Federalist architecture, will reopen for the summer tourism season on Sunday, May 1.
Built in 1819 by Revolutionary-era patriot John Ten Eyck Lansing, the Manor House was a wedding gift for his daughter and son-in-law Jacob Livingston Sutherland.
The property was acquired by the New York Power Authority in the 1960s as part of the Blenheim-Gilboa Pumped Storage Power Project. It was fully restored in 1977 and renovated in 2003.
A history buff's dream come true, Lansing Manor is filled with authentic furnishings from the first half of the 19th century. The house, which is listed in the National Register of Historic Places, is now operated admission-free by the Power Authority in cooperation with the Schoharie County Historical Society.
Lansing Manor’s season ends on Oct. 31. Its hours of operation are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed Tuesdays. For further information, please call 800-724-0309.