Historic Lansing Manor Opens
on Sunday, May 1
1-800-724-0309 or 518-287-6000 ext 6380
April 19, 2005
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NORTH BLENHEIM—Historic Lansing Manor, an early
American country estate and an outstanding example of Federalist
architecture, will reopen for the summer tourism season on Sunday, May
Built in 1819 by Revolutionary-era patriot John Ten
Eyck Lansing, the Manor House was a wedding gift for his daughter and
son-in-law Jacob Livingston Sutherland.
The property was acquired by the New York Power
Authority in the 1960s as part of the Blenheim-Gilboa Pumped Storage
Power Project. It was fully restored in 1977 and renovated in 2003.
A history buff's dream come true, Lansing Manor is
filled with authentic furnishings from the first half of the 19th
century. The house, which is listed in the National Register of Historic
Places, is now operated admission-free by the Power Authority in
cooperation with the Schoharie County Historical Society.
Lansing Manor’s season ends on Oct. 31. Its hours
of operation are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed Tuesdays. For further
information, please call 800-724-0309.